HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Tribute to the Sexiest Man Alive

Who will happen to be on American Idol next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say, I am now American Idols biggest fan....for one week at least.

I'm sure everyone has their favorite Neil Diamond moment. Every time I hear Sweet Caroline I feel like Neil is singing directly to me. With that deep rich voice and exposed chest hair, what guy couldn't be jealous, and what woman couldn't melt away just thinking about him.


Everyone, comment on your favorite Neil moments. I know you have them. David and I have rocked out to America and Mr. Bojangles in the shop many a time.
Jason

10 comments:

Colin & Lori said...

Colin and I didn't get to watch Tuesday night because I was sick and went to bed at 8 and he was at work all night. We were watching the clips from YouTube. Colin randomly said "I think they should do N. Diamond songs." Of course when we were watching it that night we were excited that they would be doing it the next week.

Colin & Lori said...

Okay Jason, I am a little bit confused right now. You told me I was the sexiest man alive. What gives?
This is my favorite Neil moment. It's a scene from Saving Silverman. Jack Black and Steve Zahn and the other dude are in a Neil Diamond cover band called Diamonds in the rough. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVilgNifLcM
Colin

rebeccaV said...

I still, to this day, associate "America" with our 4th grade patriotic program at school. We sang that song and I totally got in to it. I remember the singing teacher up in front dancing as she led the song. It-was-AWESOME!!

David and Debby said...

For me, "Brother Love's Travlin' Salvation Show" says it all. "Pick up the babies and grab the old ladies, and everyone go, yes everyone go, down to Brother Love's show." That's what life's all about.
David

Leslie said...

Neil is great. AMERICA is one of the best songs of all time. Maybe you and I were in the same program, Becky? Ya know Colin, there was this other cover band, Super Diamond that used to play all the time in SF. I always wanted to go to one of the shows, but never did. :( Can't wait to see next week. I should be a good one!

abbynormal said...

I remember seeing that show. Or maybe I was too young and it was someone else's? In any case, I remember a kid on the back row standing on his toes every time they sang "And I proudly stand UP!"

Crystal said...

Is this "we're coming to America?" song and the like? I don't think I actually like Neil Diamond. At all. Matt's former roommate used to hang out with me (for 3 months when Matt decided he should not talk to me for flipping out on him for not showing up when he said he would) and he would listen to that stuff all the time and I was like... oh please no, my ears are bleeding... To me, he sounds like a constipated staccato lounge singer, but I say, I am up for anything on Idol after enjoying last week so much (aside from booting Carly).

Colin & Lori said...

I can't wait to hear what Jason sings. It is going to be awful, I predict. I so wish he was off the show already!!! I love, love, love Neil. I wish he was coming to Cleveland. I would go see him in a heartbeat!!!

David and Debby said...

btw, dad and i went to a neil diamond concert in slc a few years ago. just about everyone was our age!!! can you see a bunch of us rocking out to neil? my brother says he can't watch anyone who rats his hair. hmmm.... i really like his songs.

David and Debby said...

Mom's comment reminded me about that concert where at one point, Neil, while singing some classic love song, got down on his knees at the edge of the stage, for the purpose of touching the hands of middle-aged female fans who were coming forward to get up-close and personal. He may have even thrown some article of clothing out (I just made that part up), but I do remember him ultimately lying down right at the edge of the stage and kissing one of them. Of course, the entire crowd reacted in unison with glee (except all the men folk who were understandably disgusted.)
Dad