HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tonight's Idol

American Idol
So, I was wrong. I am LOVING tonight's performances so far!

David A just sang and first I had goose bumps, then I cried. He is amazing and he did an incredible thing with that song! WOW~

I felt so sorry for poor Brooke. That happened to me once on stage and it was horrifying. I "cheesed it up" and it was a funny song, so it went over pretty well, but that part of Evita can not be cheesed up. Poor Brooke.

Jason bit the dust (yuck, yuck, yuck on his song)

Syesha was amazing, and Valerie likes her hair today. The funny thing is, I suspect she is going to have a little sister or brother with Syesha hair, that shall be fun for her. I can tease her about it later...

More later, I just was so full of... something tender... I had to post about David Archuleta. What a sweetie.

Addendum-


didn't like Carly- if that is what that musical is like, I am not interested. It kept sounding like a curse to me, but I am very sensitive to the use of the ole "J C."

David Cook- well, that is a different sound. I would love it as part of a Phantom performance, it was perfectly executed- especially that ending(!!) but as an American Idol performance... so strange considering what he has done with other songs and what David did with a Phantom song making it "his own"... he is still awesome though. The practice with Lord Webber was fairly entertaining!

For sure, it will be Brooke or Jason going tomorrow... probably Brooke.

12 comments:

David and Debby said...

haven't watched it yet, love reading all the comments on david cook. wish there was a michael johns digital album. i'll comment tomorrow after i listen. will listen to david cook's stuff too.

Jason and Dana said...

I loved last night too Crystal!! I loved everyone's but Brooke and Jason also. I hope it's Jason, but it will probably be Brooke. She really hasn't done very well the past couple weeks.
Syesha was INCREDIBLE!!! Definitely the right thing for her. I bet she'd do so well on Broadway, like Paula said. Or was it Randy? Anyway...she was so good and I loved her hair too! Ha, that's funny.
David A's song was incredible, totally agree. He's so great. It made me wonder if he's at the top of the votes every single week.
I loved David Cook's! I've never realized how incredible his voice is until he sang that.
I had to fast forward through Jason's, I just couldn't even stand to listen to it!
Carly was good, but it wasn't my favorite week for her.

Leslie said...

Ditto to all of your comments. I watched the youtube versions this morning. I thought the week overall was pretty cool. I was afraid it might be lame since it was ALW, but it was actually amazing!

rebeccaV said...

Ditto on the comments. I loved David Cooks performance, it shows what a truly good singer he is. I think, also, that Brooke and Jason will be in the bottom 3. I hope Jason goes, but I think it will be Brooke. There are too many adolescent girls in love with Jason!!

abbynormal said...

Jason keeps doing better and Brooke keeps doing worse...and now they're about even. Time for them to go.

Good move on switching Carly's song, bro Webber. I thought she sounded awesome. Yay for that powerful voice.

Syesha took over like she was born for Broadway. If she got kicked off this week (which she won't), that would be okay because she got a chance to be seen in her element where she can shine. She'll be taken care of now in her "happy place." :o)

David A's voice is just so clear. I usually agree with Simon, but I didn't think it was as weak and forgettable as he said. It was a little different for David A, a stretch. I liked. And you all already know I love the voice and diversity of my man David C. He showed some serious musical maturity this time around.

Jason and Dana said...

WOW! Shocker tonight huh?? Right before Ryan said who was in the bottom two between Carly and Jason there were girls in the audience that yelled "I LOVE YOU JASON!" And I said, "And that's why he won't be in the bottom two." Yikes!
I'm sad Carly left when there were two that should have gone before her, but she was never going to win it all...and she seemed happy.

Crystal said...

Those results were ludicrous!! She is by far, the best female singer on the show. It just floored me that she and Syesha were in the bottom two!

I was like OjO when she sang, grabbed the mic from Ryan and was like " and I (underlined/bold/italics) remembered all my words"

Jason and Dana said...

Wow! She said that?!!! I totally did not hear that.

Crystal said...

She did- you should watch it again. Matt didn't catch it either, but I was like... Oh. My.

Jason and Dana said...

As much as I thought Brooke should go before Carly, it's not her fault America voted for her more than Carly!

Leslie said...

yes. yes. yes...and i'm shocked that jason wasn't in the bottom 2 either. his performance was REALLY bad!! looks like it's just a popularity contest now, but hopefully at least one of the 2 davids will actually win the contest so that it really is one of the most talented contestants.

Crystal said...

I know, I am not mad at Brooke or Jason, but for sure, i think Carly is absolutely the most talented of all the girls. We will hear from her on the charts, never will we hear from Brooke on the charts.