HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby blessing

The timing of Colin & Lori's family to come visit and Abby to get her tonsils out (although, I think that one was planned especially to work) was perfect. It's so nice to have family around for such a special day.
Jason's blessing was so nice. The thing that stuck out to me was that he blessed her that she would be an educated person. And he kept saying how much her brother and sister love her. It was great. Jason, dad, Colin, Uncle Gerald, and the bishopric were in the circle. Also, Jason's mom and sister, grandma Miller, Aunt Cindy, and cousin Paige were there. We're so grateful to everyone who was able to be there and wish everyone else could have been as well. Here are some pictures. Jason's sister took a bunch of Lilia alone in her dress, but I haven't gotten a copy of them yet. When I do, I'll add a couple more pictures.



4 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, what a happy family! Please tell me more about these blessings and a special dress? They definitely don't do that in the United Methodist church.

Also, I noticed that all the baby boys are dressed in white onesie-type shirts under thier regular shirts... We dont have any baby girls in our ward, so I don't know if this is a boy only thing, but I am wondering if anyone could tell me why that is. I have never really seen that before.

Jason and Dana said...

They just wear the pretty white dresses for the special occassion. Tradition, I guess. That's what I always thought it was anyway. Anyone else know of a different reason? There's a poem about "My Three White Dresses" and talks about blessing, baptism, and wedding.
And the white onsie thing....I have no idea. I used to put onsies under everthing my kids wore, now Lilia always wears a onsie under everything. Most of the time I put a white shirt under Colby's shirts, just because. It's probably a thing most of the moms do.

Crystal said...

I read that poem about the 3 white dresses along the way... is it is Christening gown? If so, do boys wear a gown too or a sweet white suit?

As for the shirt under a shirt... hmm... I just have never seen that, but I notice it with every baby boy in the church, but I have not outside the church. I think most of us use onesies as "the shirt" for warmth and the like, but like I said, I noticed the shirt under the shirt with the babies that I have never seen outside the church. Does this continue into boyhood too? It is now actually something I um... check for... a strange curiosity, I suppose. I was just wondering if there was a reason or if it was cultural.

rebeccaV said...

Elliot just wore a little white suit. I did put a onesie on underneath it, though. I also used to put onesies under everything for warmth, and more absorption!!

What a cute little family!! I love Eva's dress, it is so cute!! Did Lilia wear Eva's blessing dress? Maggie wore Grace's. Poor little Lilia just couldn't stay awake for those pictures!! I can't wait to meet her!