HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Fabulous August Birthday Girl!!! Crystal Michelle Croshaw

Crystal sent some pictures of when she was younger. I'm sure you'll all enjoy them!













Crystal!!! Welcome to the family and Happy Birthday to you. We hope you have a happy day. Thanks for being such a wonderful wife to Matt, and for adding another beautiful granddaughter to the mix, and on top of all that, for being an incredible, caring, loving woman. If you happen to have a couple of baby/youth photos you would like to add, we would all love to see you then.

"It is lovely, when I forget all birthdays, including my own, to find that somebody remembers me." - Ellen Glasgow

We all love and remember you. Happy Birthday.

Love,
David and Debby

14 comments:

abbynormal said...

Yay, Birthday!

Crystal, I love these pictures, you look so beautiful. I remember when Matt first showed me pics of you, I think I said something like, "Woah, good job!" I'm glad we live close and we can get together sometimes. Hope you have a great day!

xo

Abby

snowbirds said...

Happy Birthday Crystal!
I have no idea where this will end up on the blog, but know that we are delighted to have you and Valarie in the family. You both are beautiful additions to this great family. I repeat Abby's statement "Good job, Matt".
We love you,
Grandma and Grandpa

David and Debby said...

Happy happy birthday Crystal dear! Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish then it would be, a happy happy birthday to you from me! Haha, I just love primary songs.
I hope you have a great day! I've loved getting to know you better and I'm looking forward to seeing you again in just a couple of days!! Yay!!! Love you!
Dana

ps. I would LOVE to see little girl pictures of you!

David and Debby said...

I left a comment and it isn't showing up!!! Happy birthday Crystal! Maybe you will have 2 comments from me. Hope you have a great day with your Matt and Valerie. We all love you!
Dana

Alex E said...

HAPPY B´DAY CRYSTAL.. :)

Have a great day with Valery and Matt. :)

Alex.

see you the next weekend.

David and Debby said...

Crystal, happy birthday!!! That is funny that we are the same age. I hope your day is great and you get what you want. I am thankful that I know you and that we have been able to spend some time together. Sorry its short, Mia wants to play dress up and we are going to a party in the living room. Can't wait to see you again!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, Crystal!! Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, fun and happy day...and that all of your wishes come true. Matt waited a long time to find someone beautiful inside and out (and wouldn't have settled for less). I'm so happy he found you and so happy that you and Valerie are now part of the crazy Croshaw clan. I look forward to the years ahead! Lots of love and good vibes sent your way today.

David and Debby said...

Crystal,
Happy Birthday. You must not have heard the rule about the embarrasing pictures you were supposed to supply. I hope you had a great day. We look forward to Thanksgiving and hope you can come.
Colin

RebeccaV said...

Crystal,
What else can I say?! Ditto on everything said above. I am so grateful you and Matt found each other and am so glad that you are a member of our eternal family!! Happy birthday! I hope it was wonderful and you enjoyed your special day!!

love, becky

David and Debby said...

Crystal,
Oops, it's 12:37 a.m.- which means I'm late with my birthday wishes. Sorry about that. I just turned off my headlamp and came in out of the yard where I've been slaving away in preparation for your other big day - the open house. Hopefully, the atmosphere that night will be wondrous, making it a highly memorable event for you and Matt, and Leslie and Alex. Debby also has some terrific adornments planned, and Uncle Carl will be here serving FLAMING CREPS! So it should be a great party. How about if we let it serve as your wedding reception and your birthday party??

Anyway, I hope you had a happy birthday. I also am very pleased that you an Valerie have joined Matt's life and our family. It just gets more complete all the time.
David

David and Debby said...

Crystal,
That's more like it. Those are the kind of embarrasing pictures that will make your life as a Croshaw more interesting. It's almost a requirement.
Dad, did you just say headlamp? Are you finally getting that coal mine idea off the ground? By the way, make sure you get some video of Carl and the fire. If I know Carl, and I think I do, that could be video that could win someone $10K on America's Funniest Home Videos.
Colin

Crystal said...

Thanks guys- it was a good day- really busy, but really good. Valerie kept asking "are you having a good day?" all day and Matt spent the day with us. I chopped off all my hair- 14-18'' and the picture of that is on the bottom of the new pictures posted. Those pictures are the only ones of I have ever seen of me as a little person and somehow I got them from Grandma Scott last summer...

Anyway, life is good! Thank you all so much!

David and Debby said...

Crystal! I thought that was an old picture of you when your hair was shorter! I didn't realize you had just done it recently. I love it!!!!!!!!! 14-18'......that's a lot of hair!
Dana

Crystal said...

[URL=http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/188012916dNYmFi][IMG]http://thumb19.webshots.net/s/thumb4/6/28/19/188162819SuhbWV_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

just testing