HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

IDOL?


I did not watch it closely (due to the unexpected visit from missionaries), but I did not like Matt, Lil or Anoop. I think Allison and Danny are amazing and I like Adam, but I really did NOT get that song. Also... I think Lil is really great, for whatever reason she is just not shining like Fantasia or Kelly did, but she has the ability.

I like Kris, but I do not like that he spells his name with a K.

6 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

His parents spelled it that way, :P and he is my FAVORITE!!!!! I SO want him to win!!! He's just along the same line as my favorite artist ever, Jack Johnson, and Jason Mraz is another fav of mine. So he fits in well. I'll buy his album no matter what happens to him. In fact, I'm downloading his song this week from Itunes when it comes out and I just bought last weeks. It's so amazing.
Anywho......I think Lil and one of the following: Matt, Anoop, or Danny will be going home. Danny was in the bottom 3 before, and I didn't think he was all that amazing this week. Adam's song was fine I guess, but I'd be okay with him going home too.
My top 2 are still Kris and Allison.

David and Debby said...

i think the top three will be adam, danny and kris. then it will be kris and adam. i think lil, matt and anoop will be in the bottom three. loved kris' song. i thought anoop showed quite a bit of range in his voice tonight. does he shop in the women's dept. adam sure does.

Crystal said...

Anoop is a preppy Tarheel so he probably shops at Banana Republic. Adam is just plain ole gay, but MAN do the girls love him. I relate to that. For the longest time in high school and college, all the boys I liked best always were gay. They tended to be the nicest ones back then. Not sure what that says about anything now, but... that is definitely how it was back in the day.

Jason and Dana said...

Paula's analogy were non-stop last night. Women's shopping and bowling and....something else I can't think of.

rebeccaV said...

I just watched it. I definitely thought Kris was the best. I was totally not a fan in the beginning, I didn't think he was that good, but he has totally proven me wrong!! He is awesome! I totally agree about Lil, Crystal. I was so excited about her during the auditions, but she has been a total dud. But I know she has it in her. Sad, because she will probably go home this week. The other one will probably be Matt or Anoop. I love Matt, but he didn't do the greatest (but I do think he did better than Anoop). I also thought Danny was just OK. I loved him so much in the beginning but not as much now.

Also, when Adam does his hair like that he looks exactly like Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town (kids show on Noggin). He is a dead ringer for him!! Google Robbie Rotten and see for yourself :)

Jason and Dana said...

I remember when they were selecting from the top 36 and Kris got voted in and I was like, "WHAT?? Who is he? He's no good." Now he's my fav.