HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Michael Jordan of Dishes

Okay, so I have a really boring life as you can see by the lack of posts, but I have been given a new title by my husband. I was doing the dishes the other day and I looked up to see Ray laughing at me. He said "you are like the Michael Jordan of dishes". He said this because I have a habit of sticking my tounge out and touching my upper lip when I am concentrating, which I was doing as I was washing the dishes. When he said this I thought "I have become my mother", I'm sure you have all see mom do the same thing when she is concentrating!! It is amazing, and a little scary, how much influence we have over our children without even knowing it!! I'm glad I had such a good example.

love, becky

6 comments:

RebeccaV said...

I also forgot to add that Ray got his diploma in the mail yesterday. Yeah!! It's official!

Leslie said...

what about when mom would talk to herself. that was the best! i remember being really young and she'd be mumbling something, and i'd be like "who are you talking to?". it was always to herself. with so many little kids at home, it was probably the only sane person she could find to talk to. if you find yourself doing that...you will officially be mom.

Matthew said...

Crystal has seen and even photographed me doing pretty much the same thing.

Jason and Dana said...

I think we can attribute that trait to the Patriarch of the family. Have you ever watched David while he is woodworking, which usually means he is concentrating pretty hard. And you see the mouth open and tongue come out, like he is getting ready to jump from the free throw line for a one hand tomahawk dunk....Oh, and although she will deny it, I have seen Dana assume that position while thinking also.
Jason

David and Debby said...

OK Jason, I deny it, but I did see Debby do that for a number of years. I haven't noticed it for some time, so either she's stopped doing it or I have come to take it for granted. I never named her MJ, but I did used to get a lot of mileage out of kidding her about it. Thanks for the reminder Becky. I'll have to start watching for it again.
Dad

abbynormal said...

Becky, I do that, too! It never struck me that it was because of mom.