HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Remember the Sunday Dinner Table?

So, what did you learn at church today? I learned that when the Spirit speaks to us, generally, we have just a few seconds to respond spiritually, and if we don't respond in that time, we tend to pass it off as just a thought, or maybe 'I didn't really feel that', or...you get the drift. I have had this experience myself. Just this past week I had a very strong impression that I needed to go to the hospital. I'm fine, it was not a big deal, but I think it could have been. I was feeling very strongly that something was wrong with me, so Dad took me to the ER. I was very dehydrated, then in the ER I didn't get any fluids for a couple of hours, and my BP started to drop. The nurses (and I do mean plural, nurses) finally got an IV in me and my BP started to climb. They kept me overnight, and found nothing. I did think of you Coln when they did this CT angiosomthing. Anyway, I don't know why I needed to do that, but I could not deny the promptings I felt, and when Ben Call was describing today how we need to react very quickly to the Spirit, I knew it was true. Love you all. I am drinking way more water every day now. xoxo mom

5 comments:

David and Debby said...

I forgot to add that I talked to Abby and she is having a great time in Italy. Was going to a branch/ward in Rome today:) Flies home Tuesday, or maybe it is Wednesday. She will have wonderful photos to share. mom

David and Debby said...

Mom called me from Rene Feld's hair salon where she was part way through a haircut/styling appointment when she started feeling physically deranged. I knew she would not break up a hair appointment unless she was serious, but I have also learned not to doubt her when she has spiritual impressions. So I ran right up there, picked her up and quickly delivered her to the ER. When we arrived there her BP was 105/80ish (her usual low pressure), but as I watched the monitor it quickly dropped down to 63/45. I think she had developed a UTI and she never drinks enough fluids, and she became so dehydrated (low fluid volume) that her veins were soft and it took 3 different RNs about 4 pokes each to get an IV into her. The pin cushion pun applies. Anyway, they pushed 3 liters of Ringers solution into her and she perked right up. She's OK now, and she knows she has to drink more fluids from now on.

I guess the point is, if she hadn't listened to the Spirit and insisted on going right to the ER, the hypotension would have occured in a place where it couldn't be treated, and it could have been a disaster. But, all is well.

Dad

David and Debby said...

If Mom is dehydrated then I must be bad off too. Doesn't she always have water with her?
I forgot to tell you when I emailed that thing that I worked in 2 gospel sources into my personal statement and you were supposed to identify them.
Anyways.
kiss kiss, hug hug, little kiss, big hug
Colin

David and Debby said...

mom,

i only hope someday to be as attentive to the spirit as you are. it's amazing to me.

i have no doubt the Lord has preserved your life as many times as he has, because we all need you so much and absolutely canNOT live with out you.

i love you, mom.
les

abbynormal said...

I agree with Les. On all accounts.

I was catching up on all my emails today and I found this article on paying close attention to God's timing. It ties right in to what you said. Worth a read. http://www.ldsmag.com/deceivers/070918timing.html

Mom, I'm so glad you're so quick to follow the Spirit's promptings and that you're okay. Love you.