HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A matter of fasting

I just want to ask that anyone who has the time, inclination and desire to join Matt and I this week in prayer- and in fasting- one day this week. He takes the LSAT Saturday very early in the morning (an hour and a half away) and we have great faith in the testimony of the strength of prayers. Also, since we have conference the first Sunday of the month, it would maybe provide additional opportunity for a person who would otherwise be fasting.

We need a score that will get us into a good school (hopefully local) and if not local, into a school with which we would fit well.

It was a glorious day for us- Matt did a great job teaching on Spiritual Gifts that earned him thanks from his class (and not only because of the chocolate), Valerie gave and amazing talk and I actually did not freak out too terribly talking about Chastity with my Laurels. It was actually an amazing discussion. I had a new girl in class to me- apparently an inactive member who stayed after class to talk to me for quite a while who could use prayers and a testimony of trusting the Lord as well.

Finally, we had church friends over for lunch- our first guests- and it was awesome then we went to a farewell gathering at Bishop Snow's- he and Sister Snow are leaving for a mission to the Philapenes in 2 weeks.

I hope all of you had a lovely sabbath as well.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

email us the best day for you. i am a huge believer in fasting. i think it will be even better if we all fast at the same time. you can do it matt!!!! xoxo mom

Unknown said...

Mia may say that about me, and I don't drink.
Dad

Crystal said...

I think thursday will be best for us- also- I got paid today, which believe me, is a major blessing. I have not gotten paid for about 5 weeks and wow, was that rough. Thank goodness for the wedding money we got in Idaho- we were able to pay our bills. groceries and gas... now we can actually make our rent and car. Yay for income.

Unknown said...

crystal,

that is when we are planning to fast, too. can't wait to see you guys next week. debby

Leslie said...

Hi Everyone,

I'll start Thursday after lunch, which is very early Thursday morning for you all.

My fingers are crossed and my prayers ascending to heaven for you, Matt.

Love you!

Alex E said...

Go Matt.

I'll start Thursday after lunch (3:00 p.m.)

Go,Go Matt you can do it!

Alex

Crystal said...

Wow- tears in eyes- thank you so much. What a blessing. I will write more later- time to teach my marathon of Wednesday classes...

Crystal said...

Thanks to all of you for your fasting participation. Wow food tastes so much better after fasting all day. It also brings me so much closer to the spirit and I often (as I did today) feel as if I spend my entire day in prayer. There is nothing like that feeling. I had dinner on the table waiting when Matt got home from work and it was a lovely dinner with a silly tired Valerie and good conversation.

During lunch I went to a talk on campus at Mary Baldwin by a girl who spent her summer in Oman (net to Jordan and Yemen). I was struck by how similar many mormon women and muslim women are- they live for their husbands and children. They really are a beautiful people. I forgot how much love I have for Muslim women and attending this talk did me much good.

Also, this students mentioned the idea that Muslims have of an ancient American people who were Islamic. That blew me away and for reasons I can not explain, it strengthend my testimony of the Book of Mormon.