HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Favorite Talk and Why


I am just wondering what you all found to be your "favorite talks" this spring session of Conference and why. I, for one, definitely needed conference. I have been rushing through life the last several months just barely surviving. Many times a week, I nearly fall asleep in the middle of prayers and while often, I feel a deep sense of love and spirituality reading scriptures, I have felt a little separated from those feelings. What did you love and why?

PS- 80 degrees for many days with not a cloud in the sky- is it true that it SNOWED in Washington state and Idaho?

10 comments:

David and Debby said...

Wow! Look, at that green grass. Our's is still gray, and yes it did snow here twic over the past 2 days. I've got to review conference again or read the Ensign to recall which I liked best. President Uchtdorf on Sunday morning comes to mind. He is just so eloquent and fits his concepts together so well.
David

Jason and Dana said...

My favorite was Elder Eyring's talk Saturday afternoon. It really struck something in me. I also loved Elder Bednar's talk. What parent couldn't use that advice?? Such amazing counsel. I think this conference will stick with me more than any I have watched/listened to/attended. I loved it. I wasn't able to pay as much attention on Sunday, I think I'll have to watch the talks again. I really loved the story about the calves that you mentioned in your comment above Crystal.

Crystal said...

David! That was TOTALLY my favorite talk too!

Alex Esparza said...

My favorite

Sunday afternoon session
Elder Bradley D. Foster

This remember me my mom and the lucky and blessed guy I'm with a Great Wife and an great mother I have.

"There is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation"

James E. Faust

Specially when a mother is under the influent by the spirt of god

abbynormal said...

Off the top of my head, I'd say Elder Uchtdorf's, too. He has such a way with explaining his thoughts that always paints such a vivid picture in my mind. But I've put everything on my iPod so I can have another run-through on my commutes to school. I may choose more favorites after that.

I was also absolutely amazed at the vast number of speakers who independently chose to speak on motherhood and/or parenthood.

Crystal said...

I was shocked too! In fact, I had always thought there WERE "themes" to conference! When someone mentioned that no one is assigned topics, I looked at Matt and was like, "well then, that is amazing! These are all on parenting!" it is amazing. Personal revelation and saying what the Lord wants others to hear is real.

David and Debby said...

alex, that guy is from rigby, id!
my friend/byu roommate, jill foy died early sunday morning. all of the sunday morning talks were very significant to me. it seems like they all addressed the resurrection. loved, loved elder packer's talk--we will never dominate by numbers, encouraged young men to have fathers give them blessings, sister beck--importance of personal revelation-we will be bathed in help by it, even in turbulent times, elder mcmullin--obedience guides diligence, path of duty clearly marked by faith. elder wilford anderson--hope does not depend on circumstances. (these were saturday). elder uchtdorf--love is the grand motive of the plan of salvation, elder donald hallstrom--great joy and great pain are part of the plan; if you feel you have been wronged for any reason, deal with it. hold on thy way, turn to the Lord. Elder cook--how we disagree is a real measure of who we are. we must slow down, ponder and pray. Pres. monson--young man in hospital eyes closed, father said don't ever lose faith in Jesus Christ. Son opened eyes and said, NEVER! Christ has won the victory. anyway, i loved conference. what a blessing to have all this inspired counsel available to us. i know that all the things they taught us are true. i love all of you. xoxoxo

David and Debby said...

Debby's comment reminded me that I really liked Sister Beck's talk. It spoke to me. She is so no-nonsense, no fluff, just love the Lord and do what's right.
Dad

Leslie said...

I knew this was going to be on the blog, so I actually made a little note every time there was one I loved. My list is: Pres. Uchdorf, Elder Cook, Bednar, Holland, Christofferson. I also liked Foster. Aren't people from Idaho just so darn humble. ;-)

Some of my favorite quotes: "Everyone person we meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father." and "True love requires action." - Elder Uchdorf

"It's okay to disagree, but how we disagree is a real measure of how we follow the Savior." - Elder Cook

"We must find the time to slow down. We will avoid major mistakes if we listen to the spirit and heed its warnings." - Elder Cook (could be paraphrasing here)

"No one is exempt from the storms of life." - Elder Cook

David and Debby said...

Yes, you reminded me that I really liked Elder Christofferson's talk. I always like his. Maybe it's the logic of the lawyer in him that I like. He always speaks to personal accountability, which is a biggy.
Dad