A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What happened at your house this week?

So, at 299 S. 20th it was a busy week.  Dad worked on the crib, I went to quilt night.  Had a RS birthday party, commemorating the birth of Relief Society 169 years ago, picked out carpet for the office, kind of decided on new waiting room chairs, went to Utah for my friend Terri Meldrum, now Robert's sealing.  Dana and Jason came home for the weekend, bringing their adorable children.  probably more, can't remember.    AND!!!! Jackson (the cute little guy on the right) celebrated his 5th birthday on Wednesday.

What did the rest of you do?

xoxoxo Mom


rebeccaV said...

I'm so glad you are finally getting new carpet at the office, I'm just sorry it took a suburban coming through the front window for that to happen!

This week wasn't particularly eventful. Last Saturday I had a baby shower at my house for my friend Misty. Her sister actually threw the party, I just had it at my house so all I had to do was clean. I went to book club on Tuesday night. We discussed The Peacegiver by James (?) Ferrall. It was an amazing book, I highly recommend it. Ray and I have decided to go gluten free, we started about a week ago. We have been reading a lot about it helping people with RA manage their pain and we are willing to try anything at this point. For those of you who don't know, we think that Ray has rheumatoid arthritis. His mom, aunt and 2 brothers all have it. He went to the doctor and they did a blood test for it. The test was inconclusive, but the dr. said that he is 95% sure that is what Ray has, given his symptoms and history. He sees a rheumatologist in 2 weeks. Anyway, going gluten free isn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be. I don't have to do it, but I am to support Ray in it. I actually feel really good. Naomi is pretty much potty trained. She did it on her own. She still has accidents every once in a while, and pooping has been a bit of a challenge, but I think I can say that we are done with diapers!! Maggie had a sinus infection, I finally took her to the doctor on Friday and she has been feeling much better after taking an antibiotic. Grace started bloomsday training at school last week. Bloomsday is a big race they have here in May, they do a little training program for the kids at Grace's school. They stay after school 2 days a week and run. Grace won't run in the actual race, it's on a Sunday, but she loves the training. She did it last year too. Elliot is so excited that he gets to ride the bus home all by himself 2 days a week! He is also really excited to be starting soccer in a few weeks. We are planning on going to Pocatello for spring break, the kids are really looking forward to it. I don't know how much I'm looking forward to driving there and back by myself, but once we are there it should be fun! Anyway, sorry for the novel, that's about it!

Leslie said...

I can't wait to see the crib en vivo. It was fun to be able to see it via face-time the other night. Thanks, Jason! Oh...the old ladies in our ward would love that you do quilt night. It's one of their complaints that those of us from younger generations don't know how to or care about quilting. Last week I took my last work trip to Washington D.C. The highlight of the trip was hanging out one evening with Abba Dabba. We went to dinner at a Vietnamese place. (I REALLy miss good Asian food!) Afterward we got cupcakes from a cute little bakery and then just hung out in my hotel room. It was so much fun. Wish I lived closer to family. We have our RS anniversary dinner tonight. I'm not sure what we're doing, but I know there'll be food. Alex has been working on the front yard/drive way for the last couple of weeks. You guys have probably seen pictures posted on facebook. It's coming together nicely and will look so much better than it did when we moved in. We're just hoping we're adding value. The taco truck should be out of the shop this week. After that Alex just has a few things he has to do to it so it's ready to go. We're tyring to figure out what all we have to do to get the business going: creating our LLC, getting a biz license, permits, etc. Bec and Ray I may be calling you soon for advice. Depending on how this week goes, Alex and I have talked about going to Orlando on Friday or Saturday to go to the temple, but it's a bummer because with the price of gas, it's probably going to cost us over $100 just to get there and back. The pic of Jack you put up doesn't even look like him. He's changed so much. What a cute b-day boy. I'm still waiting for Dana to post pics of Lilia's b-day party. She probably put them on facebook, but since I'm not a member I wouldn't know. ;-) I loved the most recent pics of Norah and the video of Asher. Our family makes such cute kids. Speaking of kids, I'm 29 weeks this week and the belly must really be starting to grow. I get comments about it from friends and co-workers all the time, and I can tell by the pain in my ribs and back. But I'm sure the little darling will make it all worth it. Anyway, miss and love you all. Hope you're doing well in your necks of the woods.

Leslie said...

Bec, by the way, sorry to hear about Ray and RA. We'll keep him in our prayers. Will the rheumatologist give him some kind of treatment plan or medication to help with the pain? I considered going gluten free for a while, because I was getting pretty bad headaches, and I thought they might be connected to gluten. I've read about that being one of the side effects. What are you going to do about pizza for your kids? I know how much they love it. Let me know how it goes.

Colin & Lori said...

Speaking of pictures Les, where are the pictures of you? Our house hasn't been as exciting as the rest. I took boards a week ago. I'm just glad I can quit studying like I was. Now the focus has been on getting the house ready to sell. Lori has been able to do more of that than I have, but we are doing the last minute stuff-painting, yard stuff, de-cluttering, etc.
It's starting to get much more real that I am only 3 months away from the end of my education and we can move to the next step of our lives.
Norah's doing great. She goes to the Endocrinologist on Friday I think and we can get a feel for what type of treatment she will need. It probably won't start until she is a year and a half or two.
Everyone else is doing great, not much new news.


Jason and Dana said...

Well, we went to Pocatello. Always eventful. We had Mandarin Garden for dinner our first night and tacos from El Herradero taco truck Saturday night. We couldn't go to 2nd ward because they meet at 1 and we had to leave by 2 so Jason could get all the baby boxes out of our storage unit so I could go through them have clothes/blankets/everything ready and put in a dresser for the baby that should be coming this week.
I had a doc appt Monday. I was so excited because my doctor had told me we could schedule an induction at 39 weeks. So I got to the appointment and they told me she was at Labor and Delivery and if I wanted to wait a long time I could possibly see another doctor. I really wanted to schedule that induction so I waited to see the other doctor. I only had to wait maybe 40 minutes and had just got in the exam room when my doctor came in! She'd made it back. She said it was a crazy week at the hospital but she'd see what she could do. I am scheduled for a Friday induction but calling in the morning to see if any spots have opened up. So we'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm thinking it'll be Friday.
Jason's busy working and getting to know computer programs/people/etc. He got to go to lunch with his old college roommate, my old college neighbor.
Colby comes home every day and said he was "Great!" The other day he actually said, "No, I was excellent!" Not sure where he got that word from, maybe he actually did hear it from his teacher. I think 3 hour days really suit him.
Eva and Lilia are sooo excited for their baby sister to get here. Every time I'm going anywhere without them Eva asks, "Are you going to get the baby out mom?" I think that's the way she phrases it. We still haven't decided on a name.....most likely she'll be Ila, but who knows what'll happen.

Jason and Dana said...

Oh yeah, and Patty treated me to a pedicure tonight!! It was so nice. Now there is one part of me that feels refreshed. I got to sit in a massage chair for almost an hour...so nice.

rebeccaV said...

haha at Colby's comment Dana! It's so funny, the stuff they pick up on. The other day Elliot and Maggie were cutting stuff out and gluing it together. Elliot says, "Maggie that looks fabulous, fabuloso!" I was laughing, his teacher must say that a lot!

Jason and Dana said...

Update: we had a baby this week!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

Sorry, guys, I NEVER get time to blog anymore and I never think to check here because I have to sign in under my non-UVA gmail and normally, the only time I have to sign in is at a stop light... So I dont get on much. We moved last week. I hate even driving by the old house, because it makes me sad, but we still are getting our mail and a few things here and there every day. I love our new house. There is a lot more room, which is like heaven.

My ex took my car when I was at work Tuesday, that was eventful. I was stranded at work and I did not have a car seat... or my PURSE. Not cool, but it is what it is. That means I am driving the scary Tercel again. I really do worry driving it, something rotates under my feet when I turn sharply right (every morning when parking) and the seatbelt doesn't work AND it's hard to get Asher in and out (2 door, teeny car).

I am finishing up my semester (YAY!) and on-tap to teach a summer class for 4 weeks (intensive) then do freshman advising, so it will be not as "off" as most summers, but I think I actually do better that way.

Valerie is getting ready to take completion exams for 8th grade and start high school next school year (shudder).

Asher is talking more and more and listening better too. He is still a vicious tornado though- so that is the primary reason I am glad to be working during part of the summer. He is truly and utterly exhausting. Work is actually a break.

Matt is working a lot- 6 days a week- and taking care of Asher all day before work, so he and I are both just so tired all the time, but we are faring well. In some ways, I feel like things are finally starting to level out and life will start being more predictable and kind.

Becky, hood luck with the gluten-free, I have tried it for gastroparesis and Matt actually thinks he has that Celiac's but it is soooo hard to find GF-free stuff in the rural Virginias.

Happy birthday to Jack, Lilia and Ila.

abbynormal said...

Wow, I guess I need to visit this blog more often, too! I'm so out of touch since it doesn't pop up on my google reader. Anyway. This week David came home from trip #1 to Saudi. He'll be heading back soon for trip #2, but we're focusing on the present and him being in town, because that's more fun. I've been putting in some quality time helping Marcia with her wedding, including a long, drawn-out search for a pink bridesmaid dress. (Turns out, pink is NOT the color this season. Coral and fuschia are, if you're wondering.) It's cherry blossom time in DC, so we're trying to catch what we can of the trees - today we went running around the Tidal Basin after work, and David is planning to return in the morning (and evening) tomorrow with his camera. In any case, the big news for us (that everyone already knows) is that David got a job in LA. We don't have a start date yet, but my speculation is mid-May. It's still with Raytheon, and if you want to know what he'll be doing you should ask him. So, big changes on the horizon. Whew. Cross your fingers that I can transfer to one of the Fidelity branches there.