HISTORY

A Little History:
Our story begins in Pocatello, Idaho, circa 1972, when the lovely Debby Christensen agreed to a first, though fateful date with admirer, David Croshaw. Long story-short, he bade her follow him, and they went arm-in-arm to the Logan, Utah temple for establishment of an eternal family unit, Generation 1, on May 23 1973.

From their first blissful summer in Salt Lake City, educational pursuits took them to Provo/Orem, Utah, birthplace of Leslie and Rebecca, and to San Francisco/Oakland California, birthplace of Colin and Matt. Then, for establishment of livelihood, expansion of the tribe with Abby and Dana, and for raising/unifying of Generation 2, it was back to the roots in Pocatello for a rewarding sojourn.

In time, driven by a raging, but commonly shared sense of adventure and independence, one-by-one, Generation 2 escaped the homeland to distant regions of the country and the world, each ultimately developing their own tribal expansions by pairing with worthy mates and initiating Generation 3.

Now sensing fulfillment of their purpose in Pocatello, Generation 1 has also left those roots and transplanted to Cascade Idaho, from which base, they anticipate more abundant contact with The Posterity, Generations 2 and 3, in the future. That contact however, awaits fulfillment of a call to LDS missionary service in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, wherein they hope to help the state of the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

So now, including Generation 0 (Grandma and Grandpa Christensen) home base includes Yuma, Arizona, Pocatello, Idaho, Cascade, Idaho, Vancouver, BC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spokane, Washington, Boise, Idaho, Los Angeles, California, back to Boise, Idaho, and on and on (Generation 3+) to infinity.

Our Mission Statement:
This is the blog of our eternal family unit. Initiated years ago, it served well as a journal, but even more so, as an archive of our personal interaction. It was a gathering place, a confabulation instrument, a unifying force for four generations of widely dispersed and progressively prolific posterity, and their valued associates. Though it served these purposes well for many years, it eventually took a back seat to new-kids-on-the-block, Facebook, and Instagram, and was sadly forgotten.

We now move to resurrect this blog with an added functional purpose of archiving the missionary experiences of Generation 1, of their movements and activities as they participate with The Gathering of Israel in the land northward. In so doing, we hope that via their own comments and posts, this blog will again serve to gather and unify the posterity and their friends.

As in the past, that the young and vibrant may know the old and tired, that enduring bonds may be fostered and maintained, that experience and encouragement may be openly shared, that posterity may embrace truth, and that hearts may be knit together, we must resist detachment despite our geographic divergence. We shall do so here.
_____________________________________________________________

Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Brown Eyed Girl










To be completely honest her eyes aren't really brown. They're more of a hazel but nobody wrote a song called My Hazel Eyed Girl. Believe me if I had the soul of a song writer it would the first song I'd write.

Sometimes it feels like when I want to write something really special about someone really special the words escape me. In this case I guess the reason is that I don't feel like there are any words sufficient to fully explain how amazing Crystal really is. She's been through more tough times than anybody I know and yet she maintains a faith, hope and positive outlook the likes of which I've never seen. I am truly the lucky one because she really is my brown eyed girl.

Happy Birthday Crystal. I hope you have many happy birthday's to come.

By the way the top picture is of her belly at 32 weeks pregnant. The funny thing is it was taken on her 32nd birthday;-)

10 comments:

David and Debby said...

oh, look at that beautiful baby belly. crystal, happy, happy birthday. we truly are blessed to have you in our family. you are so thoughtful and kind of anyone else's events, and so willing to share all you have. thanks for your thoughtful, caring example. i hope your day is wonderful. david is at the cabin and out of range of computers until sunday or monday, so he won't be replying until then. have a great day. xoxoxo

Leslie said...

happy birthday crystal!! hope you have a wonderful day and do something fun to celebrate. i especially hope that asher behaves today and doesn't cause you any pain. ;-) looking forward to hopefully seeing you soon. love you!

Jason and Dana said...

I love the baby belly too!!!! Awwwww, I love it!
Happy birthday Crystal. We really are so lucky to have you in our family. I know it's been a rough year all across, but we are so grateful to have you and Valerie as part of our family. It's too bad we can't all live closer together and get to see each other so much more. Maybe some day...I can hope.
I hope your birthday is good and for a special birthday treat that you'll be able to sleep tonight. :) Happy Birthday!

rebeccaV said...

Happy Birthday Crystal!! I love all the pics-very cute, especially the baby belly. Before you know it he will be here! I hope your birthday is great and you have a wonderful day!

Crystal said...

I love the baby belly too and I am getting gorgeous stretch marks too! I have no idea how bad they are getting until these photos op's! IT does not bother me nearly as much as it did when I was 20 to have them. Funny how things like that change.

Anyway. Thank you all, it has been a good day spent with Valerie (Matt sleeps till the evening because of his shift) but we did have cake for dinner tonight together. Yum.

32 will be good, thank you all for starting it so nicely.

Jason and Dana said...

Hahahah, was that picture with the hair sticking up on the top of your head always there?!?! I just noticed the hair. That is hilarious!!!
(I got the stretch marks too...with Colby, got a tiny bit worse with Eva and none more with Lilia, it's such a bummer.)

Colin & Lori said...

Happy birthday lady!! Wish we could have been together to celebrate. Hope your day was great.

abbynormal said...

Crystal, I'm sure you won't get this until the next day, but happy birthday!! Thank you for always being so sensitive to the things that I need and the struggles I have. You are truly a gem to have in the family. I'm excited to see you tomorrow (today)! Love you!

Jason and Dana said...

Happy late B-day Crystal. I hope you are enjoing the olympics around your birthday. What a great present from the world.
Jason

David and Debby said...

Crystal,
I know it's been a tough pregnancy and a difficult year, but I hope you had a great birthday, and I am confident that you're going to have a great year. The worst is over - the best is yet to come.
Thanks for hanging in there. We're all going to have such a great eternal family.
David